Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pie!

Today I made a sour cream pear pie. You can find the recipe for it on Recipezaar.com; I highly recommend it!

My sister used this recipe once before, and I decided to try it myself. It actually came out really well. Before we tried this recipe I had never eaten a pear pie! It's really tasty.

Fresh out of the oven
A few pieces went missing... :-)
I replaced the sugar with honey (I used a little less than the recipe called for) and added an extra tablespoon of flour. The topping didn't end up being crummy (which is good, I suppose!) since I replaced the sugar in it with honey. I added extra flour to it and ended up pouring it over the pie. It worked out pretty well. It might not look as nice, but it still tasted good. :-)

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm looks good Julia! Keep up the good cooking. Sharp lookin blog btw-- makes mine look kinda boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops... now I remember I forgot to give you the recipe! Glad you found it on Recipezaar, though. It looks yummy!

    Love you, sis!

    ReplyDelete