Friday, May 14, 2010

Carrot Pancakes

For breakfast today I was contemplating making pancakes. However, I wanted a pancake slightly more nutritious than the ordinary flour/eggs/baking powder/milk ones that I normally make. So I went to Recipezaar.com to see what recipes I could find for vegetable pancakes.

I found one very basic recipe for carrot pancakes, which I ended up making for lunch instead of breakfast (I had a scrambled egg with chopped bell pepper instead). I tweaked the recipe a bit and it came out tasting rather delicious! Here it is.

            Carrot Pancakes
           Makes approximately 6 3”x3” pancakes 
            Ingredients
  • 3 medium carrots, grated
  • ½ medium onion, chopped
  • 2 medium sized eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup of flour
  • Salt/seasonings to taste (I used trocomare)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  1. Peel and grate carrots into a large bowl; also chop and add the onion.
  2. Add the eggs, flour, seasonings and baking powder, then mix well.
  3. Cook in oiled frying pan on medium heat until brown (2-3 minutes on each side).
  4. Enjoy! :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can tweak this recipe as much as you want to, of course. You can adjust the size of the pancakes, how much onion or flour, ect. These pancakes are also good as a meal in themselves: with a glass of milk, of course. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment