Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Great Piece by Bach!

Recently I started learning how to play the Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 (or part of it, anyway!) on the violin. It's a piece by Johann Sebastian Bach, and I really like it. Not just because it's by Bach, but that is a good reason to like it. :-)

Before you watch the video, here's a quote from Bach that I appreciate.

The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.
I agree that all music should give glory to God, and a lot of it is certainly refreshing to listen to and enjoyable to play.
Here's a video of the bit of the Brandenburg Concerto that I'm starting to learn. This video is well worth watching, not only to hear the music, but also to see how every instrument, musician and part comes together to form this beautiful and lively piece. The musicians are also fun to watch; they look like they thoroughly enjoyed playing this piece together. :-) I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment