Thursday, March 17, 2011

What's Cookin'?

A few weeks ago we got a big box of utility apples from the orchard in town. I decided I was going to make a few things with them. Here are a couple photos from the The Big Baking Day. :-)

Pie #1
Pre- top crust

(enlarged to show texture)
Ingredients: A boatload of apples, some honey, a dash of cloves, a pinch of allspice, a sprinkle of nutmeg, a little bit of stevia (and two whole wheat/butter crusts). Recipe? What recipe?! :-)
 An apple peeler/corer/slicer is an amazing gadget. :-)

The apples bowl. Phew, that was a lot of apples!
The crust is on and about to be baked! Unfortunately I have no other photos of this particular pie... I put it out for dessert on Sunday and it completely disappeared. :-) I'm glad my first pie was edible! 

Pie #2:
The final product

Pie #3:
I made this cake gluten free. I tried using quinoa and coconut oil for the crust.

I'll need to do a bit more experimentation in the future... it is (or was) still really good, though, as evidenced by this photo.
It went very well with homemade yogurt. :-)

A couple more experimental apple creations:

And that's how I spent my Saturday. :-) I used up the entire box of apples. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! Don't post pictures of apple pie - you'll have me drooling over here!! Just kidding!! Sounds like a very busy day you had there. And all your experimentation - you are really a genius!! =)

    Hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete