Friday, June 10, 2011

30-Day Bible Challenge

In May I attended a day-long conference geared toward equipping and encouraging young people to share the gospel. While I was there, one of the speakers gave a challenge: For 30 consecutive days, read 2 Bible verses in the morning and evening, and meditate on what you read. I read the Bible each day anyway, but I still decided to take the challenge, and along with meditating on what I read, write down some of my thought about the various passages.

Even from day 1 I felt encouraged and refreshed by the Word of God all over again! I think that actually writing down the things I learned about the verses that I read really gave me the desire to explore them further and dig deeper into the truths that they contained. Certain things just seemed to "click" as I pondered the verses, how they applied to me, and how I should live in light of them. Just goes to show that the Bible is a living book, and you can never fully plumb its depths!

So here's the challenge.
For 30 days, read 2 Bible verses (it can be more!) in the morning and in the evening, meditate (think about) what you read, and jot down some of your thoughts about the verses. I hope you take the challenge, and if you don't already read your Bible daily then I hope you make it a habit!


If you decide to take the challenge, then please comment! Also, if you want to share any of the thoughts that the Lord brings to your mind along the way, then feel free. I would love to share some of thoughts He's blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment